It's right behind panties, preggo and relax. Relax made my list because I can't stand it when someone says to me - "relax".
But the word Kid will be used for the purpose of this post. I HATE THE WORD KID AND I HATE THE KID THAT CAME TO MY DOOR LAST NIGHT.
Last night was Trick or Treat, which I love. The house was lit with all our spooky candles, the walkway lined with mums, pumpkins and faux candles (don't want to catch anybodies costume on fire). IV was dressed in his glow in the dark skeleton shirt and ready to hand out candy for the first time.
The boys waiting for the first Trick or Treat-er
Contemplating whether he should give away the candy.
Loving the lemonheads!
Isn't he sweet? Yes. So innocent! But you know what is not sweet? The snot nose kid that trembled my mums, ran up my porch and said something other than TRICK OR TREAT. Ugh. So I did what any Mother would do - I took a two-year old tootsie roll and tossed it into his grimy trash bag...yes...a trash bag. He looked at me and said "You got any midnight milky ways?" I felt a wave of anger come over me. I wished for that one instant there was no consequence. I wished I could have pushed him off my porch - hard. And I wished that when I did, his stupid, non existent costume would have made him smack his teeth on the walkway pavement. (no need to call the authorities, my Husband wouldn't let me, ha)
Hey Kid! Thanks for setting my Halloween off on a sour note!
Mark my word...my Son will NEVER act or speak like that to anyone - Trick or Treat or not.
ugh! the other trick-or-treating nemesis is the "kid" who doesn't have a costume and is just sporting a hoodie and a pillowcase! but seriously, your treat bucket looks awesome! mentos....air heads?!? yum
ReplyDeleteI don't mind the word kid, but I have never and will never use the term "preggo" either!
ReplyDeleteI have heard SO many instances of that this year! Oh, and trick or treating above age 12 is a misdemeanor in our town. Where did the polite, fun holiday go? :(
ReplyDeleteSomeone had a good time for Halloween. I am having a blog party today for my humanitarian blog. Stop by when you can.
ReplyDeleteI hate the word kid...children should be called children.
ReplyDeleteAlso? WTF parents. Someone raised that child to behave that way. :::shudder:::
Never thought about the word kid like that..good perspective! Kids can be annoying and rude huh?!
ReplyDelete