So I've incorporated the 30 Day Shred and a new daily menu - did you expect anything less? I'm totally OCD.
So for the past two weeks, I've done a lot of research based on the caloric intake set for my Husband and I'm choosing healthy low calories breakfast, lunch and dinner items.
Dinners have been the "hardest" - something that is filling enough where he won't need a snack, but healthy enough where he stays within his caloric goal. But I did find a fabulous website, Dashing Dish. This is one of the recipes that I thought we'd love...and we did.
Last night as I started prepping dinner - I decide to photograph this recipe and share it with you all.
Italian Style Stuffed Red Peppers
What You'll Need:
| 1 lb | Lean ground turkey |
| 2 | Red bell peppers |
| 2 cups | Organic low salt Spaghetti sauce |
| 1 tsp | Basil/oregano seasoning (or any blend of italian herbs) |
| 1 tsp | Minced garlic |
| 1/2 tsp | Salt and pepper |
| 1/2 cup | Fresh chopped spinach |
| 2 tbs | Grated parmesan cheese + 4 tbs to garnish over the top of each pepper |
Breakdown:
| 170 | Calories Per 1/2 Pepper |
| 8 g | Fat |
| 10 g | Carbohydrate |
| 3 g | Fiber |
| 2 g | Sugar |
| 19 g | Protein |
Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees. Wash red peppers, and cut around the stem to remove.
Cut peppers in half length-wise, and remove the seeds and ribs inside the peppers. Set peppers on baking pan.
Meanwhile, cook ground turkey in a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Stir and break up the turkey while it’s cooking. When turkey is almost completely cooked through, add the sauce and seasonings to the pan. Stir and continue to cook until the turkey is completely cooked. Add the spinach.
Scoop 1/2 cup of the turkey mixture into each pepper.
Sprinkle 1 tbs parmesan over each pepper.
Bake for 20 minutes or until a golden brown.
Let cool and enjoy!





Looks delicious! We may have to add this to next weeks menu. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteYum!!! Jacob doesn't like bell peppers, but he will eat the inside. I love them on the other hand!!!
ReplyDeleteThose look really good!
ReplyDeletePS--I just nominated you for The Liebster Award: http://theaustinfamilydiary.blogspot.com/2012/08/liebster-award.html
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to read your answers!
Mmmmm! I am totally pinning this to make someday! Thanks!
ReplyDeleteYum! I love stuffed peppers. And these look delish!
ReplyDeletehttp://vandylandmommy.blogspot.com