Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Blogger 411 Link up

I'm linking up with Becky over at From Mrs. to Mama - she's one of my long time favorites...and my Moms as well! Yes, my Mom reads Becky's blog every morning when she gets into work - and some days my Mom will call me and say "Did you read From Mrs to Mama today?"


So here are the 411 questions:

1. How long have you been blogging? And what got you started on blogging? Has your blog changed?
I started blogging about 2.5 years ago - and a friend of mine sent me a pregnancy blog that she started and I was hooked. I started my own and shared it with friends and family. But from that - I've made some amazing "blog" friends.

2. Did you go to college? If so where, and what did you study? Yes. I went to New Hampshire College (Now, Southern New Hampshire University) and I studied Marketing with a minor in Advertising. 


3. Where have you traveled? Aruba, Jamaica, Mexico, Dominican Republic, Cayman Islands - yes, I'm a tropical island kind of traveler. 


This is me - circa 2005 in the Dominican. Eeeek! 






4. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy? my first "major" purchase would be a house on the Lake. But I'm sure I'd purchase a new Louie handbag and some cute TB flats.

5. What are your 3 biggest pet peeves? dog hair/drool and putting things on the stairs to go up, but never bringing them up. 

6. What is your favorite movie? Hands down - Breakfast Club and Stand By Me.

7. What is your drink of choice; wine, beer, or liquor. Or Water, Soda, Tea? I'd say Captain and Diet Coke. But I love wine and beer - I guess I'm an alcoholic. kidding

8. What is something you enjoy to do when you have me time? "Me time" doesn't seem to exist anymore, but I'd say currently, laying in the sun with a new magazine, or I love a good mani/pedi.

9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be? I'd probably go with Nordstroms - they have everything. 

10. Share with us an embarrassing moment of your past? Or present. When I was in the 7th grade, my boyfriend (who was in 8th grade) came over. He used the bathroom - took my underwear out of the hamper, put them on over his jeans and walked out. Who does that? I was horrified. Kicked him to and broke up with him. What a freak! 

11. What day would you love to relive again? The birth of IV. It was an amazing day! 

12. If your life was turned into a movie... what actor would play you? Reese Witherspoon - not because we look alike - just because I like her. 

13. What are the jobs you had in high school/college/the early years? I worked at a Pizza Place and Gas Dock in High School and Camp Counselor in college.

14. Show us a picture from high school or college. This was me in college when my girlfriends and I took my Mom to strip club. Classy! 


Yes, I smoked! 


And yes - I went tanning - clearly a lot.






15. If you could travel anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go? That's so tough, I'd love to see so many parts of the world. But I'm a tropical girl - I'll go with Bora Bora.


16. Show us the most current picture of you or you and your family.



17. Where do you see your life 5 years from now? In 5 years, I see myself married - with my sweet boy - IV and his little sister - running around the Lake (at our new house). A girl can dream. 

5 comments :

  1. I am glad you can't see the pile of crap on my stairs that I've been meaning to take up all week, haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so completely adorable that your mom reads Becky's blog! Don't blame her, I'm addicted also!

    Here from The 411! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that your mom reads blogs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that your mom read it too!! Her blog is so addicting to read!! I linked up too!!
    And love the picture of you with the braids!!!

    A lake house would be awesome and I think you should have that girl soon!!! IV needs a sister!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Allie! Wanted to drop a line and say that I've been reading your blog for a while, following little Stew, and he's just adorable! I'm a new follower and have a little man born just a few months before yours. Isn't life just so fun with a little boy? I LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete