Big things happened this past week. IV started school. I can't believe I'm even typing those words…but the day has come. For the first time in almost three and half years - I would leave IV during the day.
But - he was ready. We didn't make a big deal about starting school, just because we had enough going on this Summer with the arrival of Sam. I knew if I really talked a lot about school, IV would get anxious and not want to go.
So when the day arrived, I treated it like any other day…but today, we were going to school.
I wasn't sure how the morning would go, but I knew I wanted to leave Sam at home. I felt that it'd be best to just start the day with Stew, IV and myself. We'd go to school and hopefully everyone holds back the tears. So my Mom took the morning off to stay with Sam while we headed to school.
We made a quick stop for a coffee and we were there. IV was so excited that he was practically running into school. I couldn't believe it. I had nightmares of him in tears…asking to go home. But there was my big 3 year old - walking into his first day of school.
Stew and I couldn't be more proud of him. He loved his first day of school, all the new kids and his teachers. We now will go every Tuesday and Thursday throughout the school year. I look forward to his excitement when I pick him up. I look forward to him excelling and making new friends. I cannot wait to watch him grow this year.



No comments :
Post a Comment