Monday, October 25, 2010

Belly and Business

Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a great weekend. Ours was mixed with some good and bad. Friday afternoon started off not so good. I left work early feeling under the weather...I felt feverish, achy and tired. I went home, took a shower, put on my PJs, grabbed my pillow, blanket and Nate - and went on the couch. I made some tea and put on Oprah. By Saturday, I felt much better. It could have been an "end of the week" sickness...who knows.

Saturday, Stew and I went to lunch at Chili's...then to the Mall to look at and shop for maternity jeans for me. I found a few pairs at Gap Maternity - but figured I'd start off with one pair and see how I liked them. We got to the register and the sales clerk asked if I wanted to open a Gap card. I, 9 out of 10 times say "No, thanks"...but she got me this time. She said "Today only, we are offering 45% off your entire purchase if you do". I was sold. I gave her my information and we continued to shop. How can you not for 45% off? I ended up getting two pairs of jeans, a long sleeve shirt and an adorable t-shirt that Stew picked out - it said "Creating a bright future". After $168 in maternity clothes, I walked out paying about the price of one pair of jeans. I was beaming from ear to ear! Plus, I got a months worth of 45% off coupons to use in November. Cha-ching! I'm definitely saving the last coupon for baby clothes...once we find out the gender.

Sunday started off normal. We worked out in the morning, then off to the grocery store and a few other stops...including McDonald's. Whoops. We got a call after the grocery store that Stew's grandmother wasn't doing well and was in the hospital. We made a quick stop at home to unload the groceries and drop off Nate. We made it to the hospital around 2:15ish. She wasn't awake, but when she heard Stew's voice, she knew - knew we were there. Stew told her it was OK to get comfortable and go if she was ready. We told her that the baby was there with us...she was in the presence of her great-grandchild. We told her that we loved her. Stew's Nana loved Angels. She had them surrounding her when she was at home, sick. Angels of all kinds...yet, she didn't have any there in her hospital room. I took a napkin from her nightstand and pen from my purse. I drew the best angel I could have drawn and wrote - Angel for Nana. We love you. We placed the napkin on her pillow and told her she now had an angel with her. We kissed her good-bye and left. Within 10 minutes of leaving the hospital - we got the call - she was gone. It was a hard day, but we know she is not in pain and off to see her Husband and the rest of her family. We know we will see her again.

And finally, on to something to smile about...Baby G. I had Stew take a few belly shots on Sunday. Here is what me and Baby G are looking like at 13 weeks 4 days!


{You can see my buddy, Nate looking at me in the lower left hand corner. so cute}

Enjoy this last week of October! 

2 comments :

  1. Cute baby bump pictures!

    So sorry to hear about Stew's grandmother. Praying for yall!

    ReplyDelete