Our trip started off on Friday. We had a storm roll in early Friday morning, so I worked from home and finished packing. We headed to my parents around 4 pm to drop off Nate and catch a ride with them. Our flight was at 7:45 pm, but with the bad weather and the fact we knew we'd be hungry, we left a little early. We had a great dinner at Legal Seafood, and boarded the plane a little before 9. (It was delayed by an hour). I knew that we had a 6 hour flight ahead of us, but seeing the time, I figured we'd be able to sleep. Boy, was I wrong. We sat on the runway de-icing and re-fueling for 3 hours! That was half the length of what we thought our flight would be. I was still in pretty good shape, considering it was mid-night. I figured that once we took off, I'd fall asleep. I was wrong again. With the threat of re-fueling again in Salt Lake looming over us...I couldn't sleep. My back started to hurt...bad. My legs from the knees down began to swell...and somewhere over South Dakota the tears started rolling down my face. I was in so much pain from sitting...the plane was dark and quiet. I was miserable. I still had a least another 3 hours and the possibility of stopping for fuel. We finally landed in Las Vegas at 6:30 am (our time) - 3:30 am Vegas time. I texted my Dad to let him know we just landed - to my surprise, he responded. He was up having coffee and reading the paper. I'm not sure who was more surprised.
We checked into the Monte Carlo and went to bed. My back ached and my feet looked like Fred Flintstone's. We woke up around 9 am - still not completely rested, but starving. My "body" thought it was lunch time and I that had skipped breakfast. So we were up for the day and decided to eat and start being "tourists". We walked around much of the day on Saturday - then went to Le Reve at the Wynn and had dinner at an amazing Steak House. After dinner the show - we sat at the Caribbean Poker table and played cards - not winning big, but having a blast together.
Sunday, we did more walking around, shopping, eating, drinking and gambling. Stew and I went to a bar called Minus 5. It was an ice bar! Freezing, especially when you don't have shots and strong cocktails to warm you up. It was definitely a "cool" experience though! No cameras are allowed and the photos on the website are all protected, so you'll have to trust me on this one.
Monday and Tuesday, I spent the day by myself...relaxing, shopping and...well - eating! Stew was attending a work event both days, but it was nice to relax.
Ok. Ok. This post is getting a little too long - on to the good stuff. PICTURES! Enjoy.

















Looks like y'all had so much fun! I LOVE Vegas! I went a few years back and had SO much fun!
ReplyDelete