Tuesday, April 12, 2011

38 Week check up

This morning I had my 38 week check up. Stew joined me so that he could meet with my Doctor and for a second set of ears...just so he is fully aware of what we are supposed to do when things start happening.

Stew got to see what I do every week at my appointments. Weight check, urine check, blood pressure, and heart beat. His heart rate was 140 bpm today and sounded so good. The doctor estimates he is around 7 lbs.

After about 30 minutes of chatting with my Doctor - I asked if she thinks I'm making any progress. After a quick check, we found out....

I'm 1 cm and 50% effaced!!!

We know that this is not a definite indicator that something will happen within the next few days - but it does mean that he and my body are getting ready for the BIG DAY - whenever that may be. We just looked at each other and jokingly, Stew said "Someone call the ambulance". The baby is very low, but not engaged just yet. I had a feeling something was "happening" because I have been crampy over the weekend and the past few days. We are so excited. He can join us whenever he is ready!

My next appointment is on Tuesday. We are so excited knowing that he'll be in here about 2 weeks - or less!!! Eye-muffs, Stew - but I think I should go buy baby G an Easter outfit!

Here is a picture from this morning prior to my appointment!




3 comments :

  1. OMG you are soooooo tiny except for your belly! I hope to look just like you when Im preggers. I hope baby comes soon - I know you and your hubs are anxiously awaiting baby's arrival!

    ReplyDelete