We have done everything possible to make him feel involved over the last 9.5 months. He definitely knows there is something going on...and I think he knows things are about to change.
Something we have found lately is that he loves making us laugh. I had to capture this on video.
And today...I snapped this photo -
This is what I call - "practicing the diaper change"
I know everyone says that Nate will be neglected...but I don't care what everyone else says. He has a huge piece of my heart and I love him very much. We will do everything possible to make him involved as much as possible.
We can't wait to celebrate Baby G's birthday as a family of 4!
we're going through something similar with our 3 cats. they are our FAMILY and i dont want them feeling left out of anything. they've been inquisitive about all the new goodies coming into the house - but in no way do i want them feeling ignored. besides, its not like we're going to give up our first (human) child when we give birth to our second (human) child, you know?
ReplyDeleteThat video is hysterical!
ReplyDeleteEveryone told me every.single.day of my pregnancy that I was going to have to re-home my two boxers after my little man arrived. It was so annoying because even though they are full of energy I knew they would never hurt anyone. Almost three months in and the worst thing they have done? Given J a tounge bath! I am sure Nate will be just as great with G!
ReplyDeleteHe won't be neglected - he'll be right in the action! :) Our 3 year old male boxer, Bentley, is such a lovey to our 1 year old son. He'll be fabulous!!!! :)
ReplyDelete