Thursday, October 20, 2011

Guest Post: My Husband speaks

{I read this once it was copied and pasted into this post. I'm smitten, flattered and slightly embarassed to post this - simply because he decided to write about yours truly. Enjoy}

I'd like to thank my wife for allowing me to "guest blog" on her page. Since she began blogging, I've been on the sideline, looking over her shoulder, admiring her work. Sometimes she takes my suggestions to the blog, sometime's she doesn't. But this post isn't about me. It's about Allie.

She isn't the type of person to share much about herself. Sure, she'll blog about how she is feeling or her opinion about something. And she'll share her pictures...let's be honest...her pictures might be the best around (I'm biased, I know). But I'd like to give you some insight on her from my perspective. I'll try to keep it concise.


I've known Allie since we were 15 years old (we met on the freshman basketball team bus). We're 31 now and she continues to amaze me daily in a number of areas. To be blunt, I'm so happy and fortunate to have met her, married her and now, have a child with her.

As a wife, from a guy's point-of-view....she is the coolest, the sexiest, the funniest and smartest of all time. She's my best friend (awwww)...but really...she's fun. She's well-rounded. She can have a beer and fast food take-out on a summer day OR she could have a $1,000-per-plate dinner at an event and she would fit-in at both. She's smart...street smart and book smart. She's a great cook. She's hilarious. She's emotional. She's athletic. She's a talented photographer. She's beautiful. She's loyal. And I'd like to thank her for being all of those things.

She has a full plate on her day to day itinerary. She is raising our first child... the little-man with the same name as me...like she's a pro. She's working a full-time job from home, everyday. Along with Stew IV, she takes care of an 80lb Boxer...and people might think "eh, it's just a dog" ... but it's an 80lb Boxer who usually needs more attention then all of us. And still when I get home from work, there is a meal planned (or already being prepped). The house is spotless (she is a little type-A) but she takes pride in herself and her life and her family.

I don't mean to come across like she's Wonder Woman and can do nothing wrong...or make the readers roll their eyes and say "ALRIGHT, WE GET IT, YOUR WIFE IS THE BEST... BLAH BLAH BLAH." But she's built relationships with a lot of blog-land people. I just wanted the readers to know that if they met her in person, they would love her, just as much as they do in blog-land. She's a good person. She's a good friend and she's the best decision I ever made.

I love you Allie.

1 comment :

  1. This is the sweetest post ever! I want my hubby to guest post on my blog now. I wonder what he would say....!!!!!

    ReplyDelete