Thursday, June 28, 2012

DIY - Framed Necklace Holder

I have a small wall in our bedroom that was just screaming "put something cute and crafty on me" Ok...not really, but it was another cloudy day in New England...so to Pinterest I went. I found some cute necklace hangers - but one of my favorites was the one my bloggy friends AP over at ILYMTC's did.

Yesterday we were off to hunt for the material we needed. 

First stop - AC Moore to pick up fabric. I bought a yard for $9.99. I didn't need a yard, but wanted to have extra incase I wanted to do something else to match my framed necklace holder project. 

Next stop - Kohls! And I'm not going to lie - we should have gone to Hobby Lobby or Michaels for a frame - but I went with Kohls because I wanted to look at the swimsuits. Shhhh! I ended up finding a framed cork board on clearance for $9.99 as well...and I loved the actual frame, so in the cart it went.

*And, I didn't leave with a new swimsuit.

Finally - Home Depot to find hooks. They don't sell "just a few" - so I had to buy a package of 100 for $3.49. Self checkout it was and we were off. 

Once we came home, IV had a snack and I started taking apart the frame - that was Step 1. 

Step 2. (once the frame was apart) I measured out how many hooks I wanted and started to screw them in. 

Sept 3: I measured out my fabric and hot glued it to the back of the frame. 

And voila! It was complete. 

Hung on my wall and hung some of my favorite necklaces. 



Pin It

4 comments :

  1. Absolutely adorable! I pinned it for you! I should definitely make one of these for my mom, would be a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a creative idea! I love all of your pretty necklaces.

    ReplyDelete