Friday, June 29, 2012

My old stomping ground

For those that don't know me in real life - I spent from the ages of 2 to 21 on Lake Winnipesaukee. My parents had a lake house and every summer, the day that school let out...we packed our bags and moved up to the lake for the months of June, July and August. I said good-bye to my "home" friends and I was off to spend my Summer days with my "Lake" friends. And by the way - my "Lake" friends were so much cooler.

This Lake holds a lot of memories for my Sister and I...and my Husband and I are hoping to get back on that Lake some day so that IV can create the same, if not better, memories than I did - well, minus the cigarettes that we would steal from my Dad and the Bartles & James we would steal from our friends parents. But you get it.

So yesterday - IV was introduced to my old stomping ground...needless to say, he loved it. He wouldn't be my child if he didn't.



So big. 











Happy Weekend, Friends. 



3 comments :

  1. Great pics! We used to spend several weeks in the summer up in Michigan at my grandparents' lake house and it was divine. Something about lakes that are just so therapeutic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw I love you are carrying in your childhood traditions with your baby boy! He is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous getaway, and it makes my heart happy to see that you are able to share your childhood memories with your son :-)

    ReplyDelete