Thursday, February 3, 2011

It all makes sense now...

I had my 28 week ultrasound today and I'm happy to report that, as of today, I will not need a c-section. We did get to see our sweet boy again - he was very active today...{the 10 ounces of pure "orange" sugar that I had to drink before my appointment probably didn't help. But more about that later.}

As the ultrasound tech began her measurements, she started with his head - I noticed that it measured 30 weeks! I didn't say anything at first and she continued to his belly...that measure almost 29 weeks. I said "Is he measuring BIG?" She said "He has a fat little belly and big head". He is measuring in the 70th percentile. The rest of his body is averaging out at about 29 weeks. Well, that explains why I feel like a popped over night, now doesn't it? He looked great and his chubby little cheeks are just too cute. Depending on how things go - I'll be re-checked around 37 weeks to make sure he isn't too big for me to delivery.



The Glucose drink wasn't as bad as I thought. I had to drink it in the car on my way in...I started at 8:30 and was done by 8:31. It tasted like an orange freeze pop...that wasn't frozen. My blood had to be drawn exactly 1 hour later - but I don't have "good" veins. It took 3 nurses and a lot of "attempts" before getting my blood. It wasn't a fun time. No news is good news, which I'm sure it will be. I'm now seeing my Dr every 2 weeks! I can't believe how close my due date is coming. I'm so ready to meet him.
That's all for today! Happy Thursday.

4 comments :

  1. happy thursday! glad things are looking well!
    i had my glucose test tuesday - had to drink fruit punch. scored 137/140 (cutting it close!) and a 10.7/11 for my iron - so they want me to start taking an iron supplement. no biggie.

    glad lil boy was active! and hope he doesnt grow TOO big for you! it's a weird feeling having all your appointments scheduled for every 2 weeks, isnt it? and then the month of april - every week. wowzers. we're almost there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, he is precious! :) We found out earlier this week that our twins, formerly boy/girl, are now boy/boy!! Shocker!! DOn't get too worried about the measurements---I was always told with my first pregnancy that the later the fetal age, the more inaccurate the measurements are. I can't wait for you to meet your lil' man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad things are going so well! He looks like a cutie! Was your baby breech? Or why were you going to need a C-section? Don't let them tell you that you need a C-section based on the size of your little guy. I measured big throughout my entire first pregnancy. My daughter was 9 lbs. 9 oz. I was determined to have her naturally. It's amazing what our bodies are capable of. You can do whatever you put your mind to! :) (With good support of course!) Best wishes to you with the final weeks of your pregnancy & delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MrsB -
    Glad to hear you passed! Barely. :)
    Yes, it's crazy that we are down to two week apts. I'm getting nervous! Ahhhh! I'm more anxious though. I can't wait to meet him.

    Amber!!! I can't believe you are now having two boys! That is a shocker. Did you buy a lot of girl stuff? or no?

    Kelsey - At my 20 week appt, I had a low lying plasenta that was covering my cervix. They though it would pull up on it's own - which it did by abouot 2 cm. So that was the reason they thought I might need a c-section. I'm glad he's a little chunker - and you're right...I think I'll be very surprised what my body can do. I'm hoping to deliver him on my own. :) But he was not breech...he was in position. Here's to hoping he stays in that comfy postition.

    Thanks for your support girls!

    ReplyDelete