Thursday, October 11, 2012

Fallin' for Fall

I seriously love Fall - the crisp air and chilly mornings are keeping IV and I in our jammies...snuggling on the couch. Seriously. He sat with me for and hour & a half this morning. It was dreamy.

And seeing IV is taking one long nap from 12-3p during the day - it gives me the opportunity to catch up on work and I even manage to sneak in some Fall baking.

I swear - I bake just so the house smells amazing. 

On Monday - my Mom had the day off for Columbus Day...so we had our "2nd Annual Shopping & Fall Baking Day" - which reminds me...we need a t-shirt for that. (some of you will get that joke).

On Monday - one of my favorites had to be these - Mom's Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. Ohhhh...a couple of these with a glass of wine at night - now that is dreamy!


My Mom is such an amazing cook/baker. All her cookies, cakes and candies come out so good. I really do aspire to be just like her. 

And we had such a great day, that we're doing it again before Halloween to make some custom Trick or Treat chocolates! 


As for today - I found a recipe for cinnamon roasted almonds. They are a salty/sweet treat. 


And - after IV's 3.5 hour nap, we went outside to stretch our legs...but needed to bring two Sharpies.


Happy Thursday Night, Friends! 

2 comments :

  1. Sharpies are the new Duct Tape!

    Fall always makes me really homesick for NH, but I am learning to appreciate the fall beauty in the Midwest as well.

    Cinnamon roasted almonds sound yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmm, the cookies look delish!

    =)


    Brooke

    ReplyDelete