Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Stupid Elf

I can't stand it when I become obsessed with something. Seriously. I do it all the time. I get something in my little head and I run with it. It's extremely annoying and somewhat exhausting. I'm not lying.

We were gifted The Elf of the Shelf last year. We read the book to our then 8 month old and put "Clark" (who we named in full Clark W. Gregory...after the great Clark W. Griswald) in cute places throughout the living room. IV was 8 months old. Clearly, he didn't "get it". For weeks, I can guarantee you that he sat on the the foyer hutch....looking all creepily at us as we walked in each day.

Well we busted out Clark on Saturday after Thanksgiving, stuck him on painting we have hanging on the wall in the living room and waited for IV's reaction the following morning.

HE. WAS. ECSTATIC! Like...I'm talking over the moon - so excited to see him. I was pleasantly surprised.

So I agreed to that challenge. (shhhh...he didn't really challenge me...but don't' tell Stew that). The challenge was to get a bigger and better reaction and smile each day. Ha. I'm totally setting myself up for failure. I know this.

But we are three for three. Bigger. Better and more "oooohhhhs" and "ahhhhhhhs" each morning.

I'm winning.

Clark1

Clark2

Clark3.1

The story will continue soon. Stay tuned. 

3 comments :

  1. very cute :) i hope you're doing the baby rabies contest ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Berrence is just slowly getting into mischief at our house, but I see more shenanigans in his future! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think those Elf on the Shelf things are cool! Maybe we will try this year for fun, then next we'll hope for a reaction like IV :) Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete