Yes, I haven't been posting - but I'm back and sitting down to write a post that I gotten a lot of questions on lately.
As some of you may remember, my Husband wanted to lose some weight at the end of the Summer - so I researched some different workouts and finally decided on Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred.
You can read about that here.
So since September we both have kept at it...working out daily - with a rest day or two each week and we are still eating clean. Those are the two things that my remain the same - forever.
So what have I been up to?
I still "shred" once a day - depending on how I feel, I do level 1, 2 or 3. 2 is probably my favorite though - not sure why. I just enjoy it the best.
I have also started her 6 Pack in 6 Weeks video. That too is enjoyable to some extent.
And on my "rest" days I stretch and do a few sets of my arm workout or abs.
This morning - I did my first day of fasted cardio. All that is - is you get some cardio in before eating breakfast. I ran on the treadmill for 20 minutes, stretched, showered then my sweet IV was up. It worked out pretty good and I felt amazing afterwards...plus I was up before sunrise.
Another question I get asked a lot is -
Where do I work out? Well, that's simple...in my living room or basement. I don't have a personal trainer or a gym membership. I have some 5 and 10 pound weights, a yoga mat and a TV (I like to watch TV when I workout). So, if you have 30 minutes to an hour a day - you can fit a workout like I do in...at very little - to no cost at all.
Basement workout - and by basement...I really mean it. Ours is unfinished and has a ton of shit in it.
Post work out pic sent to Hubs.
Watching TV - in the basement.
DONE!
Protein shake in my bling cup from my sissy.
Arm workout done.
Work out - basement style!
So what's the point to all this? Well, I'm (what feels like) a million time stronger...physically and mentally. I enjoy the feeling after my workout and I enjoy the feeling of eating clean. It's rewarding and makes me oh so happy.
Am I logging in hours at the gym every day? No. And really - I wouldn't want to. I enjoy my creepy hardcore basement and my yoga mat in the living room - my body is made during nap time and I wouldn't have it any other way.









This is fantastic. I have loved following you on this journey. It has inspired me, but I hate to say I haven't done much. And then I started thinking "we are trying for baby 2 in a month!" You are an inspiration.
ReplyDeleteCongrats! I need to stop oohing and ahhing over other people's workouts and do my own. Question: are you doing a weighted ab routine with that 5lb dumbbell? That's genius! More importantly, what does it target, lower abs? Please say lower abs! If so I'll put in 3 sets tonight!!!
ReplyDeleteUm I would do unspeakable things to look like you! You look INCREDIBLE and I still can't believe you had a baby, haha.
ReplyDeleteP.S. Thanks for always instagramming yourself - you are such an inspiration! You should be a motivator/personal trainer.
You seriously amaze me!!! You look amazing!!! I wish we lived closer so that I could workout and run with you!!! Also I hope to have your arms some day!! They look better than Jullians!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on keeping it up! I started doing yoga last week. I need to start getting up before the kiddo cause otherwise she will do the yoga with me and I focus more on helping her then actually doing the yoga myself. Baby steps, though.
ReplyDeleteI love that last line- "My body is made during nap time" -awesome!
Amazing! I wish I wasn't so exhausted that I didn't use naptime to rest or have me time! I guess exercise can be "me" time, but I'm just not one of those people who really finds it fun. Wish I did!
ReplyDeleteKudos my friend! Thanks for the motivation!
ReplyDeleteAwesome job momma! I'm really jealous you can keep such a basement workout up and look that buff! That takes commitment which I don't have. You look GREAT!
ReplyDelete