Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Weight Loss | 30 day Challenge

If you follow me on Instagram, you are aware of the changes that I implemented in the "G" household...and you are probably aware of the weight that my Husband has shed in the last 34 days. 

I'll be honest, I knew that my Husband had put on a few extra pounds since IV was born. You just don't have all that much "free" time to work out or go for a jog with a newborn/baby. Did we get out and walk? Yes. Did we eat pretty well? Yes. Did we like our share of beers while laying out by the pool? You bet your ass we did. 

So, Summer was coming to an end and I knew I had to help my Husband out. I knew he wouldn't ask on his own and I knew he wouldn't ever want to hit the gym after work - he'd miss out on spending time with IV at night and our nightly family dinners. 

After a little research, I knew the route I was going to take. I was up for the challenge and I was going to help my Husband lose some weight. 

I decided to use the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. It was intense, fast and would get results. 

I also decided to change our diet. I went with a straight and simple eat CLEAN approach. 




The 30 Day Shred:

I purchased the DVD on amazon for less than $7.00. After putting IV to bed, we changed into our workout gear and got started. Seeing that the Shred is divided into 3 levels, I thought it'd be best to do each level for 10 days...every day. No breaks. 

We started August 15th - Level 1. 10 days into the Shred and my Husband lost 10 pounds. 

Onto Level 2 and soon onto Level 3. 

On September 15th, my Husband stepped onto the scale and had officially lost 22.4 pounds in 30 days. 

Clean Eating:

I found a great website which I've mentioned before - Dashing Dish This website has some great clean eating recipes which include nutritional facts. This was a big help, because we watched our caloric intake each day - tracking it with the iPhone app MyFitnessPal. 

Extras:

For an extra kick, Stew and I would run or walk anywhere from 2-5 miles each day (on weekends for Stew). We felt so much stronger just half way through that you almost wanted to run. Which if you know me, I get bored running. 

So that's it. The 30 Day Shred and Clean Eating. But as I sit here on day 35...it's far from over. This is not a diet...it's a lifestyle change. Ha. How cliche, but true. 

And finally, I'd like to thank my Husband for allowing me to share these before and after photos. He did amazing over the last 30 days. I'm so proud of him. 


Feel free to email me allie.gregory{at}gmail{dot}com or comment with any questions, Friends! 

3 comments :

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you guys! Thank you for sharing--I'm definitely bookmarking the Dashing Dish for future recipe ideas.

    ReplyDelete