Seeing I'm a real "do it yourself-er"...we set up the tri-pod and had a little photo session. The problem was that we had to wait until the end of the day - when my baby belly is big...or bigger than in the morning. So this photo was taken shortly after dinner. Stew worked so hard at getting it just right to really show off my belly...going as far as tucking in my shirt to the under part of my bra!!! Yes...I couldn't stop laughing! He's too much sometimes.
This was the other option, but we thought the three ornaments had more of a meaning this year.
Now, there is a funny story to our selection of the Christmas photo. My idea was the Merry Christmas one...then Stew started looking around for inspiration and came up with two large ornaments and a baby ornament - symbolizing our new family. Well - for some - it didn't go as planned. A day after I sent out the cards, I got a text from one of my girlfriends that read:
"I just got your card. HAHAHAHAHA. I love it - so funny"
So I'm thinking to myself - "It wasn't supposed to be funny" but, responded "thanks" anyways. In total confusion, I never said anything to Stew about it...until the following day when someone said to Stew:
"Nice card. What would you have done if it was a girl?"
Now, Stew doesn't know about the text I received - he's confused as well and tells me about his conversation. I said "what does that mean?" This person thought the three ornaments represented our baby boys "stuff" (if you know what I mean). I quickly texted my girlfriend and asked why she laughed at our card and she responded:
"because the two big balls and little ball represent that you are having a BOY"
I WAS HORRIFIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Luckily, no one else texted or called us about our "frank & beans" Christmas card! Or maybe it was that they were too embarrassed to say anything?!?! I'm not sure. But I will tell you - that was not our intention. It was supposed to represent our new family! So we're not the sick ones - it was everyone else that thought that...right? :)
So there you have it - our Christmas card and story. Today is the last day of work this week and we are closing early for a little party. Everyone brought food and drinks. I've never had a Christmas work party. I hear about them...but seeing it was always just me and my boss...(who is Jewish) we never had one in the 8 years I was working for him. Well now that I'm in my new office...I have all the employees that work at the new owners company downstairs. And this morning...a few of them brought up little gifts for me! Speaking of these employees - they are all great, very nice people. A lot of them are family members of the owner. Well, seeing I'm 22 weeks pregnant - you'd think everyone would notice and know. Well that's not the case. I was talking with two of them the other day - one of which I knew for sure knew that I was pregnant. So we are talking and I said "Well seeing that I'm not drinking...." and the other said "Why would you give up drinking?" I was confused (again) and went on to say why - but the other person jumped in and yelled "Because she's pregnant". "OH MY GOSH! I HAD NO IDEA!!!" she replied.
Really? No idea? Ok. Moving on. I'm waiting for my Husband to pull in and check out my new digs - and another employee comes out with a plate of cookies. She said "Come down and have some cookies later - this is no time to diet". I said "No, it's not...I'm pregnant". She said "YOU ARE? OH WOW" Seriously? Do people think this is just a beer gut? So apparently people think I just have this weird belly thing going on. And - this morning...one of my gifts from a guy in the office was WINE! Bringing a pregnant lady wine... It's the thought that counts. Right?
I'm so excited for this weekend - I have a lot of work to do to get things ready for Christmas, Stew is going to get the rest of the baby's furniture together too! I can't wait to see the crib. More pictures to come.
I hope you all have a great, safe Holiday!


LOVE the card! and fyi, i didnt think the 'franks and beans' thing at all. i saw a 'ball family'. :)
ReplyDeletehave a merry christmas!!!