Tuesday, August 2, 2011

So much to say...so little time!

We (and by "we" I mean, IV and I) have been up since 6:30am and it feels like we've been up FOREVER. He has yet to take more than a 15 minute nap today and he been quiet the active 13 week old today. I need some wine - preferably out of a box!

First - I need to say thank you to Becky, again, for the Mama feature yesterday. I was able to connect with so many great Mama's and Mama-to-be's! I'm excited to meet all my new followers and follow along with you as well. Your comments were so sweet and I feel very lucky to connect with so many great women!

Second - my boss was gracious enough to call me last week and ask if Stew and I would like a night out. So, last night we went to the Boston Red Sox game at Fenway Park. My parents were good enough to come to the house and watch IV, bath him and put him to bed while we were at the game! Ahhh! What a treat. He was sound asleep when we got home.


On our way to the game!


That sausage was AFTER the game - on the way to the car! 

It was 88+ degrees at 8pm. The sky was amazingly beautiful.

Third - my Husband came home with a GIFT for me!!! I started with the card - {without going into all the details, it said that he appreciates all that I do, my hard work and he loves me.} Adorable! I opened a small bag and it was full of my favorite hand sanitizers from Bath & Body Works! I thought it was cute, but lets be honest...hand sanitizer doesn't really scream "I LOVE YOU". He turns to me and says..."you can use some hand sanitizer to keep your hands clean when you use - THIS - AN iPAD 2" Yeah! I totally wasn't expecting it! When I'm pumping or relaxing while IV naps - I normally have my iPhone to catch up on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest (in that order)...so this is really the best. gift. ever! I definitely don't need a "gift" for him to say the things he did and for him to show his appreciation...but it made my heart gush a little a lot.


iPad, hand sanitizer and adorable card

Ok - that's all for today. I have a million things to attempt to get done now that my sweet boy is taking a nap! Here are a few pictures from the past few days. Enjoy!

Tummy time w/ his Moose


IV and Nate

6 comments :

  1. Do you know how jealous I am right now, I'm drooling over the Ipad2! Lucky girl! Looks like you had a good date night, those are so important!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm new (found you from Becky's feature) and I am so jealous of your sausage and the fact that I anticipate that you had beer at the ballgame. I'm 36 weeks pregnant and am DYING for a beer, a hotdog and a Cardinals game (I'm from St. Louis). However, those things don't come to 36 week pregnant ladies in Tulsa :( I am also jealous that you have temps below 100 sometime before 11 pm. It is currently 112 outside - and that's not the heat index. Looking forward to following along :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. iPad??? Yippeeeee! (That's in my best Jack's Big Music Show voice which I hope IV enjoys one day!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What n awesome blog!! Your baby is so cute!! And love love your nursery!! Would u mind sharing where u got those white owls that are on bookshelf?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, ladies! I'm loving the iPad.

    Suzanne, the game was great and yes! We had a few cold beers!

    I got the owl book ends at Hallmark.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww what a fun date night!!! And we just got a new iPad 2 also!!! Love it so much!!! :)

    ReplyDelete