Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Easy Fall Wreath & No Bake Cookies

Ok - my Fall decor is sitting on the dinning room table as I type this - I have yet to set everything up.

I did manage to sneak in a quick Fall wreath over the weekend and some super easy "No bake" cookies.

Up first, Bunting and Burlap wreath:

If you know me, you know that I love all things burlap and I have a strong love for bunting. So after a quick trip to Michaels, I came up with this:



This was super easy to create. I had a small roll of burlap left over from IV's 1st birthday party - so wrapping the styrofoam wreath was very simply. After that part was done, I moved onto hot gluing the flowers and berries that I picked up at Michaels. (99 cent per batch) 

And finally I printed out the FALL letters, glued them to my mini bunting that I made and that was it. Very easy and you can pretty much do any season seeing the burlap is so versatile. This wreath was made for less than $12. Not bad. 

Ok, up next - No Bake Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies


  • 3/4 cup quick oats 
  • 1/2 cup oat flour (I made my own in the food processor)
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 cup splenda or sugar (I used Splenda)
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional: a pinch pumpkin pie spice as well)
  • 1/3 cup canned pumpkin 
  • 2 to 2 1/2 tablespoons skim milk 
  • 1 tablespoon oil 

I combined all ingredients in a mixing bowl, then let the mixture sit in the refrigerator few a 1/2 hour or so. After that, I made into teaspoon size balls. 
Note: This recipe made about what you see (minus two). So if you're looking to make a bigger batch, just increase the quantity of each of the ingredients above. 


Let me know if any of you give these a try! Enjoy, Friends.

Pin It

2 comments :

  1. Definitely pinning your wreath -- I love it! I think I could make it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And just in case that last comment was posted under my husbands google account, it was actually me {Erin} who wrote it! HA :)

    ReplyDelete