Sunday, July 18, 2010

"...the answer is yes, right?"


SIDE NOTE: 
HAPPY 35th BIRTHDAY, TD!!!

Happy 35th to my B-I-L, TD. Enjoy!

Picture this - Stew and I driving to my parents house for a day of sun and fun - we're a tad...what do you call it? TIRED? yeaaa. HUNGOVER? slightly. silence. Music on - windows down.

Allie: {dead silence} "Stew, you know the phrase "Does a bear sh*t in the woods?" 
Stew: "yeah"
Allie: "the answer is YES, right??!" (with a perplexed look on my face.)
Stew: {HYSTERICAL LAUGHTER} "YES! is that what goes on in your mind?" 

Guess you had to be there. Very funny. 

Here is our weekend wrap up:
Friday night, Stew and I had a BIG date. We got home from work, sat on the deck with C&C's (Captain & Cokes for all you non-cocktail people), chatted about our day {a must} - then showered and went on a DATE. I seriously, fall in love with my Husband every date we have. We went to the Common Man - {picture in your mind a tavern/wicked good food/always busy} type of place. We sat in our spot at the bar - with our favorite bartender- drank and ate. Blue cheese and bacon pub chips & onion soup to be exact - yeah healthy. Great night, though. We also tricked our favorite bar tender to give us another pint-glass with the Common Man logo on it....so that always makes it worth-while.   :)

Has anyone in New England noticed the weather lately? This is one of the best SUMMERS ever - which is why Saturday was spent at the pool - surprise-surpise! But the best part of Saturday was that we had a sleep-over with my SHISHTER and B-I-L. Okay, okay. I'll back up - Saturday started by the pool around 11am. Soon after, the burgers, sausage, cheese dogs were cooking, the ULTIMATE summer BBQ. As soon as my Sister arrived, I was hawking her wrists - looking for someone to pawn my DUCK silly-band off on. Well - I have the BEST Husband in the world and he got me a few packs of SILLY BANDZ™! {see pic} And - I gave my Dad a few to give to the kids he stole the Dolphin from. I need to get back up to the lake and attempt to redeem myself for getting duped the other day by a 7th grader. Now though, I have a full stock of Bandz™ to use to my advantage. 

So after the long, hard day of lounging by the pool...my sister and her husband came up to our house to continue the festivities. The same routine went deep into the night to the point where Nate was even able to sleep in bed with them...which is a funny visual because he's as big as a person....so to see the three of them spooning each other this morning was priceless. 

As always - the blog would not be complete without these.... 

::this adorable baby dragon fly was on my bird feeder Friday night ::


:: the devils that keep eating my Morning Glory ::


:: the devil that is the BLACKBERRY ::


:: Date Night ::


:: my Sister's wrist - the Silly Bandz™ craze::


:: my B-I-L ::


:: my love ::


:: grandma is a mean ol' lady ::


:: KC [sister]. Me. TC [brother-in-law]  + Silly Bandz ™ ::


:: the Cs ::


:: Mister having a good night ::


:: late night ::


:: C's @ Casa de Gregory ::


:: a late night jam-session ::

Sad for another Sunday, but another great weekend. Cheers to a good work week! 



1 comment :

  1. Does a bear shit in the woods - the answer is yes. Found a large LARGE tird, (skat as Sean calls it) near the garage of our rental house today. I'm talking GIGANTIC. Sean put the bear at approx. 250 lbs. So yes.... the bear does shit in the woods, or anywhere else it pleases!!! YIKES!!!

    ReplyDelete