Tuesday, July 6, 2010

What I did on my summer vacation - so far.

For the record, I'm still on vacation, but I'm posting because I don't want you all {and myself } to be over loaded with pictures and stories. The fourth of July twenty-ten has passed and this was a record breaking year...weather-wise. I mentioned that "they" {who are they by the way?} were predicting temps in the 90s for the first time in my summer vacation history! For the past four days - here in New England, we've been in the midst of heat wave. You know, scorching temperatures, people complaining and our local Home Depot reporting that they are out of air conditioners. You'd think that by now, everyone would have an air conditioner, right? Anyways, I was lying out by the pool today and heard a PSA, telling the "ole' folks" to drinks lot of water. Really?! 

We had a great loooong weekend. We spent it by the pool - grilling, drinking, a lot of sun and probably not enough water consumption. By last night, I felt water logging {from my brother-in-law repeatedly flipping me in the deep end} and overstuffed from all the beer and food we had. We went to my Uncle BBQ on Monday - temps reaching the high end of 90. My poor father was deep frying a turkey. My Mom had gravy and homemade stuffing going - in 90+ degree temps. It was rough, but a great turn out and a fun time. My Uncle has a pool - and at one point my Mom said "why don't you go for a swim?" I said "Mom, my 15 year old cousin is in the pool with about 8 of his friends, am I supposed to throw on my bikini and jump in?" Yeah...not happening. My sister, BIL and parents all ended up back at my parents house - poolside within a few hours, so all in all - a great day.

I have a busy vacation week ahead - stay tuned. Until then, here are some photos from the past few days.

{getting ready for the 4th}


{he looks like McGruff - the crime dog}




This is exciting...I made a special trip to Old Navy and bought my share of $1 sandals. This was the little treat I gave to my Mom...some flip flops.



{Cuatro de Julio weekend}

{beatin' the heat}



{fourth drinks}




This is funny - only because we were sitting on the neighbors swing/porch - [they went to Canada for the weekend] We were wondering what their perspective/view was of my parents pool. Strange, I know.



{us by the pool}




Nate saying: "Chauffeur. Chauffeur. I'd like the air turned up."


{@ my Uncles BBQ - TC, Mom and Me}



{Thanks for the photo - love you, shishter}

These next few pictures are from my Uncle backyard. I owe all the "eye" and credit to my Dad who said "why don't you go shoot the backyard"... Thanks, Dad.






















Finally, I noticed this little beaut this morning. My first Morning Glory!!! I love it and can't wait until it's all in full bloom.







Have a great week! Be back with my vacation wrap up later this week. 

No comments :

Post a Comment