Thursday, July 1, 2010

Carpe Vacationum

I have been the worst blogger this week. I'm in a funk - a bad funk. But I plan on snapping out of it
A-SAP...because my Annual Summer Vacation starts in less than 48 hours - and we're going to WALLY WORLD! {ha, I kid} I'm super excited that for the first time in about 8 years, the weather for my week off is going to be PERFECT - in the 90s all week.

Stew and I, along with my entire family will be attending my Uncles 4th of July BBQ. Tons of food - including a deep fried turkey that my Dad is making, Moms stuffing and gravy, baked beans, corn, BEER and we're bringing something like this...


The rest of my week will consist of laying by the pool, a hair appointment, more laying by the pool, lots of quality time with Nate, shopping (eyemuffs, Stew), and a girls day with my Mom. Her and I are doing a day cruise aboard the MS Mount Washington...


Then we plan on hitting up the boardwalk, lunch and drinks - lakeside {or FRIED DOUGH and greasy PIZZA}. I'd love to stop into some those cheap little jewelry shops, take Mom on the bumper cars {ha}, or spend some time at the beach. Whatever we do after our cruise, will be fine with me! I cannot wait.

{Weirs Beach}

{the Boardwalk at Weirs Beach}

I'm hoping that Stew and I can catch the FIREWORKS in the Capital too. We'll see where our long weekend takes us. He did say that he might be able to sneak out one day and spend it by the pool with me. I hope that turns out to be true. By the end of my vacation, we have one last BBQ/Party at the Lake to cap it all off.

Other than all that, I'm excited to have some time to get things done around the house, relax and spend time with my favs. I hope you all have a great Holiday Weekend - And because I have been a slacker this week...I wanted to share a coupon I received today. Feel free to print it out and use it this weekend {if you haven't already received one}.  How can you refuse $1 flip flops?! Enjoy.


Have a SAFE and HAPPY Holiday WEEKEND!!!




No comments :

Post a Comment