I was so nervous when I was pregnant. I was always asking myself - how will you know?
How will you know how to "push"?
How will you know what to do?
How will you know how to be a Mom?
How will you know what he needs?
How will you know what to do in a certain situations?
And you know what everyone said in response to these questions?!?!
"Oh - you'll just know". I laughed. Sure I will. (I'm saying that sarcastically - someone needs to invite a sarcasm font by the way)
Well for anyone out there that reads my blog - and is pregnant or planning on having a child - let me tell you...all those people were right. YOU WILL KNOW - so don't worry.
And now I'm going to say it. (Don't judge). Being a Mom to a 4 week old isn't THAT hard. Where does all this "I can't even shower during the day" come from? I shower twice a day if need be. I clean my house, I do laundry, I cook dinner...big dinners too, I WORK. Yes...I work a full time job (from home) and have since getting home from the hospital on April 26th (our son was born on April 24th). We'll discuss this more in a later post. So now that all my readers think I'm crazy - let me explain. Here is what our day looks like:
I'll start at night - because it's easier to explain.
8pm - bath time, tummy time, read a book or just play.
8:30pm - final feeding.
9:00pm - bed time in crib.
1:00am - up for a diaper change and feeding.
3/4:00am - diaper change and feeding.
Now after 4:00am is where it gets tricky - sometimes he'll go back to sleep until 7, feed again then up at 9. But it depends.
After 9:00am we wash up, put on our day outfit and head downstairs. By 10:30 - my Dad arrives with coffee and donuts. Dad and G hang out, while I work, do laundry, shower, or take Nate out for a walk.
My Dad sometimes leaves around 1 to 3pm. G takes a nap and I normally will get dinner ready. The weather has been horrible here, so I haven't been able to sit on the deck or take a walk (until today - it's 80 degrees today).
At 5:30 - Daddy is home from work. G is usually sleeping - so we catch up on our day, make dinner, eat and watch TV. Stew will feed him (I'm pumping), then we'll head up for his bath.
So that's our day. There are some days that I work a bit more while Stew is home...but my home office is in our living room via the laptop - so it's nice. I hope that in the next few weeks I can change our daily routine to something like: "We wake up at 8am, eat, put our bathing suits on and head to my parents pool". I'll need the weather to cooperate though - I'll keep you posted.
Here are some of the pictures that I took today...
"What?!?!? It's Oprah's last episode today?"
My sweet boy
I have so much more to post - stay tuned...but until then, please watch this video...
My answer is to this question if asked would be:
"You'll just know!"
I have said the same thing and people thing I'm crazy. Just got lucky with a happy baby I guess because I have seen some people who can't get anything done with fussy babies. Having grandpa there most of the day helps too, I think the whole "not being able to shower" thing is when you're alone and result of poor planning.
ReplyDelete