- I was pissed the other day and slammed my cup in the sink - shattering a glass bowl. My Husband asked how it happened - I told him I wasn't sure.
- Most days - my lunch consists of a piece of cheese and a fork full of mac & cheese - and a hot dog, off IV's plate.
- I told IV to leave me alone the other day - and he did...then I felt horrible.
- I can't go to Target without buying something.
- I'm very stressed out lately.
- I tend to buy myself "stuff" because I feel "worth it"
- I would like to go shopping and not get a "work" call.
- Some days - nap time can't come soon enough.
- I think our dog smells like Fritos - I'm sure he could use a bath.
- We are going on vacation very soon - I'm so nervous that IV won't do well on the flight.
- I would like to quit my job.
- I cry once a week - at least.
- I only wear "real" clothes when we go out - if I'm home, you'll find me in sweats - no bra.
- I asked my Husband what he was getting me for Mother's Day - when he didn't respond right away, I gave him a link to what I wanted.
- My Dad watched IV for me last week while I went to a meeting. He did great - and he put IV's diaper on backwards - It was adorable.
- I strongly believe in the saying "Happy Wife - Happy Life"
- I have pity parties for myself when I have a stressful day.
- I'm wondering if other travelers will think it's weird when I order a bloody mary on our morning flight.
- There was a Mama Bear and cub sighting in our neighborhood. I put a piece of left over birthday cake on our porch - hoping to see them.
- I wish that for one day - EVERYONE would leave me alone.
- IV is always in our dogs water dish - therefore, during the day it's on the kitchen table. Poor dog can never get a drink.
- IV dialed 911 last week - two police officers were at my door in 2 minutes.
- Some days - I pour a drink, prior to 5 o'clock.
- I found an amazing self tanner - and use it.
- I'm bringing a book on vacation - I don't think I'll get to read it.
- On weekends - my Husband takes over and handles most diaper changes and food preps. It feel like a mini vacation.
- I'm ready for our vacation.
Wednesday, May 9, 2012
Mommy Secrets - Part 2
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
Right there with you Mama.
ReplyDeleteMy secret? Jackson got into the dog bowl for the hundredth time last night so I put him to bed an hour early because I didn't want to lose my temper and pop him...
I can totally relate to almost all of these! So true! Read during naptime on vacation - that's what I did. Can you get a different # for work and only have it ring at home? May be worth the $$!
ReplyDeleteI'm pretty sure this post made me fall in love with you!
ReplyDeleteI just absolutely DIED at the birthday cake/bear thing. HAHAHAHA.
ReplyDeleteI've read your blog for a while, but I've only ever commented once. I think IV is the cutest, and trust me, I do almost every one of these things. It's hard to be the "perfect" mom and do what everyone else wants you BE. You get a lot of judgement being a mom (which I'm sure you already know)and then all that momma guilt just builds up inside you when sometimes you just can't be perfect. All I have to say it...Thanks for keepin' it real!
ReplyDeleteThis is awesome. And I totally feel you on about 95% of them.... including the fact that our dog also smells like Fritos. Seriously, we were meant to be BFFs :)
ReplyDeletei can relate to just about all of these.
ReplyDeletebest of luck with your trip - i'm sure the flight will go much better than you're expecting. if not, that's why they serve alcohol.
Being a mama is one of the hardest "jobs" on the planet, but still better than any other.
ReplyDeleteFor your flight, if there is anything you can give him that he might be able to chew/suck on then swallow, that's a good way to keep the ears from hurting. Course if he still takes a bottle or nurses, that's what worked for us as when Emma was little.
Good luck and have fun!
omg i totally needed to read this and justify some of the exact same feelings ive had lately. thank you. and you're not alone. ill cry with you.
ReplyDeleteLove this and posted my own today!
ReplyDeletefound your post from Sarah's (n.l.f.) - Lexie is constantly in the water dish too! drives me crazy she plays in it, drinks it, dumps it, etc!
ReplyDelete