Sunday, April 1, 2012

Trip to the New England Aquarium

Yesterday we took IV to the Aquarium for the first time. Needless to say, he loved it.

I'm not going to lie, I was a little nervous about spending the entire day in Boston. In 11 months, we've never really done a day trip like this. I'm a schedule FREAK. IV must stay in his nap and (just a little) his eating schedule. So normally, we'd wait until after his morning nap to go anywhere - that puts us at about 11:30 - noon. We never want to risk the chance that he didn't take his morning nap in the car. But we bit the bullet and said "let's give it a whirl." It couldn't have gone any better. By the time we left Dunkin' Donuts, IV was sleeping and we were on the road. And when parked at the Aquarium, he was awake.

It was perfect.

After waiting in line for about 20 minutes, we were finally in the Aquarium.

*all pictures taken in almost complete darkness in the aquarium and through one inch glass tanks. I'm pleased that I was able to capture the amazingness of these creatures. 








Checking out the gift shop

He completely lit up when he saw this stuffed animal

After the Aquarium, we went to Faneuil Hall for lunch. There were no table available that would accommodate a high-chair, so the waitress put us in the bar. Yes, we had a baby in a bar! 

Again, perfect! IV chowed down on a grilled cheese and enjoyed some clam chowder with Dada. Stew and I had a beer and fish & chips. 



After a little shopping, it was almost 4pm...we got into the car and boom - IV was fast asleep for his second nap of the day...right on schedule.

I couldn't have had a better day. 

3 comments :

  1. I love when days just work like that!!

    Great pictures; glad y'all had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got GREAT shots! Love the sea turtle and glad he had so much fun. It's great that your day worked out perfectly...you should do it more often! I'm super type A like that too, especially when he was younger....but not anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that aquarium! Mr.Bear and I took a romantically date there five or six years ago to see the penguins. You took some incredible pictures. So glad you were able to experience the aquarium's beauty with your family!

    ReplyDelete