Wednesday, January 18, 2012

BIG and small

One of IV's favorite books is Winnie the Pooh's - Pooh's Favorite Tree. In the book, there is a line from Owl, who enjoys sitting in the tallest branches of that tree and looks out on the 100 Acre Wood - thinking about the BIGNESS and SMALLNESS of things.

That can be said for what happened this morning -

At 8am, the doorbell ran - my new home office desk arrived! I started to organize and clean out my old desk, which always leads to reminiscing and looking through IV's medical folder from the day he was born. I found his medical bracelet and ankle bracelet. I could not believe the size of the ankle bracelet. It's not cut, because it fell off when we got home because it was a little too BIG. I think about how BIG that day was for us and how BIG I thought he was - yet he was so small, so tiny on such a BIG day.

And today, that ankle bracelet would barely fit on his chunky little toe. My boy is so BIG, yet still my baby.




Enjoy those BIG and SMALL moments - they go by way too fast.

3 comments :

  1. Oh wow! He was a little baby. :) Thank you for the reminder to be thankful in the big and small moments. Have a wonderful Wednesday!

    xo
    purposelyathome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw a new baby yesterday who was the same size as LB when he was born and I asked if she was a premie because I had already forgotten how small he was when he was born.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got goosebumps! Not gonna lie, this almost made me cry. I should photograph J with his little hospital bracelet... (nice thinking!)

    ReplyDelete