Thursday, September 27, 2012

My body...after a baby.

I'm going to be honest...after having IV, my body seemed to bounced back. I was a breastfeeding and pumping machine which really helped. I didn't do anything to lose weight. My Dad brought me medium ice coffees - extra cream, extra sugar EVERY. SINGLE. DAY...oh, and with that, a double chocolate frosted, chocolate sprinkles donut...sometimes two.

After about 6 weeks I was just 4 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight. I didn't do much over the last year to lose those 4 pounds. I didn't really care and those 4 pounds didn't bother me. 

But...

My body wasn't the same. 

Things were different. My hips felt wider and skin a little looser. And we won't even discuss my belly button - that thing will never be the same. 

So when I decided to help my Husband lose some weight - everything changed. 

My body became stronger each day and I started toning up.

I have lost a total of 8 pounds since starting the 30 day shred with my Husband. Being below my pre-pregnancy weight isn't what I'm happy about - being stronger and healthier is what makes me happy. 

Clean eating and the 30 Day Shred just make me feel better. Physically, mentally and emotionally. 

So here you have it: two pics my Husband snapped last night after our workout:



We will continue to live a healthy lifestyle of eating clean and working out. I will say though - that I don't want to lose anymore weight or get too "big"...I know that sounds crazy. 


8 comments :