Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes | The recipe

I feel like I keep saying this - but I'm pumpkin spice obsessed.

I did a little baking during IV's afternoon nap...which overall these, didn't take very long to prepare. And they are amazingly delicious.




Pumpkin Cupcakes (no frosting)
Servings: 24 • Serving Size: 1 cupcake • Calories: 84.2 


Pumpkin Cupcakes with Frosting
Servings: 24 • Serving Size: 1 cupcake • Calories: 121.1 


Ingredients:

  • 18.25 oz Betty Crocker Golden Vanilla Super Moist Cake Mix
  • 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 cup canned 100% pure pumpkin
  • 1 cup water
For the Pumpkin Cream Cheese Frosting:
  • 8 oz Philadelphia 1/3 fat cream cheese 
  • 1/2 cup pureed pumpkin (canned)
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 5 tbsp packed brown sugar (I probably added about 3 and thought it tasted fine)


Directions:

Preheat oven to 350°. Line a cupcake tin with cupcake wrappers.

Combine cake mix and pumpkin spice in a large bowl. Add pumpkin puree and water, mix about 2 minutes.

Bake for 20-25 minutes.

For the frosting, combine the cream cheese, pumpkin, vanilla, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and brown sugar until smooth.

This recipe said it would make 24, but this made me 18...I may have overfilled my liners. 


*I found this recipe via Skinny Taste

Enjoy!


3 comments :

  1. Whoa that frosting and cupcake looks to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The girls and I are definitely making these! Question....who would go without the frosting?!? Crazies! Ha I have recently made a few recipes from skinny taste...love all of them!

    ReplyDelete