Thursday, August 1, 2013

5K PR

Stew and I ran anther 5K last weekend. We totally signed up for it two days before - which I think was a good thing. I didn't have time to think too much about it.

We dropped off IV in the morning at my parents house and headed over to the race.

It was a Hula themed race - both a 5K and 10K, but we were there for the 5K. The after party is what sold me. Free beers and a BBQ poolside.

I finished in 24:46 and Stew came in a few seconds after me. Such a fun time...I just love doing these races together. And a new personal record was awesome!

Up next: Cigna 5K on a Thursday night (next Thursday) and we have a 10K at the end of September.


Super excited to have these races to look forward to - but slightly bummed Summer in New England is (kinda) coming to an end. 

3 comments :