Last week - we accepted an offer on our house…I should say "townhouse". Stew and I bought our townhouse before it was built. We picked all the finishes and it really was perfect for "us". We spent 3 years here before bringing IV home and now we are on 5 1/2 years. We have officially out grown our 2 bedroom townhouse.
We knew this day would come…the day where we would put it on the market and hope it would sell. That day was back in May. We had showings throughout the summer and one offer, which we did not accept.
So after Labor Day, we decided it'd be best to stay for awhile longer and remodel. We set out to create a new office space for me, a new family room and re-do IV's room into a big boy room. So we started planning things and went ahead and purchased new things for IV's room. Then a bomb hit us - my Dad had to go in for surgery right away - it was cancer. Everything got put on hold - and I never emailed our real estate agent to tell him to please take our house off the market. I was literally sitting in my Dad's hospital room when I got a call saying we had a showing. I looked at Stew and said "Oh shit, we never took it off the market".
Our showing was on Saturday October 26th and we accepted an offer on the 27th. We will close on November 22, 2013.
So where will we go? Where anyone would go…BACK HOME with my parents. Yup! We, all 4 of us…Stew, IV, Nate and myself will be moving back in my childhood home. We plan to purchase land and build our dream home so living with my parents will be a blessing.
I cannot wait to see what the future holds for us and I cannot what for this amazing journey!
Thanks for all your kind words regarding my Dad, friends.
That's exciting! Sometimes going back home is such a wonderful experience. We lived with my in-laws when Jared separated from the Air Force/before he went back to school, and then again after he graduated but before going back into the Air Force. It was such an awesome experience, and it's so awesome to know you can always go home.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the transition, I hope it goes smoothly :0)
God works in great ways for us. So happy your dad is cancer free and that this worked out for you. I hope living with your parents goes well, I know you have a GREAT relationship with them.....but I couldn't do it for very long! ;)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!!! So exciting! Cant wait to hear more about the new house. (and glad your dad is doing well!)
ReplyDeleteGood luck with this next chapter! ~Jenn
ReplyDeletewww.twobytwomom.com