Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Valentines Day Jar Treats

I have a confession….since moving in with my parents, the Holidays haven't excited me as much as they normally do. I really think it's because I'm not in my "own" home. Sounds weird right? I mean, I grew up here (in my parents house)…but still. So, little by little…I'm trying to still do fun Holiday stuff with IV.

Seeing IV loves to bake and help with tasks…I knew these adorable jar treats would be perfect.

Ummm…cute? Yes. Delicious? no. 

Turns out though - the moisture in the jars isn't right. The "Goldfish" graham crackers got very moist…and the taste was way off after opening after a week or so. Wasn't good. So we are going to substitute them for more M&Ms…and ship them out.


So IV was psyched to make some jar treats and ship them out for Valentines Day to Nana. And I wanted him to receive something special too. I purchased a cookie for $5 (flat fee) to be delivered on Valentines Day…with a little personal message. So cute, right? I picked the "Bee Mine"…but they have a few others that are cute too.


Cookies can be purchased at Cheryls. 

1 comment :

  1. Fun little jars!
    When we lived with my in-laws it was holiday overload. My mother-in-law is very much into decorating for the holidays. Me and the hubby? Not so much. Now that we are on our own, Emma likes to decorate, so we set her up with one area that is all her's to decorate how she pleases. She is, of course, free to decorate most of the house, but having this small space specifically for her seems to make her happier.
    My biggest thing was rearranging furniture. I HAVE to rearrange my furniture about every 4 months. My in-laws have had the same furniture arrangement for 30 years. My father-in-law particularly hated when I moved the furniture around, but yeah, I did it anyway :0)

    ReplyDelete