Friday, February 18, 2011

A letter to Baby G

Hi Bud!
That's what I always say to you - sometimes it's "sorry bud", but that's usually after I eat tacos with Franks Red Hot...you tend to squirm a lot after that meal. I still can't tell if you love it - or hate it.

{Great...I haven't said much yet - and already have tears in my eyes, which isn't good - because your Moms at work!}

I wanted to write you a little note today telling you that your Dad and I can't wait for you to get here. I want you to take your time growing big and strong in the next 7-10 weeks, but we are ready. If you're anything like your Mother - you'll arrive on April 28th...exactly 40 weeks, exactly on time and just a few short days after Easter! Easter dinner is a big deal in your family!

We fell in love with you the minute we saw you, heard you and knew about you. We always knew you would be our son - we just wanted the time to be right. We have planned for you, prayed for you, readied your nursery, readied ourselves and we couldn't be more excited to share our life with you. Your furry big brother, Nate is even getting excited to meet you. Last night he licked my belly for the first time. I think he was trying to give you a kiss. Or at least let you know he's ok with sharing us as parents.

I want you to know that although you are not here in person with us - you are so very loved already. Just take a look in your closet! Your Babcia and Dziadek (polish for Grandparents) have spoiled you so much already. You have more clothes than your Momma does - and you're probably thinking that isn't possible, but trust me - it is. And you're getting up there in the shoe department too.

Your Dad and I will be your biggest fans and we will cheer you on throughout your life. You are coming into a different world than we did. You'll need a good sense of humor, but don't worry -your Dad is a pretty funny guy - he'll teach you a few things. Always trust in your instincts, be loyal and honest. Remember to love and treat women the way your Dad treats me. Count your blessings. And don't ever let anyone take advantage of you.

There is so much love waiting for you - but please take your time and join us when you are ready. We can't wait to share you with the world - and share the world with you!

Love, Mom

2 comments :

  1. *tears*

    looks like we had the same idea today! although my letter to babyb is a bit more on the comical side. my more heartfelt letters havent made it to blogger, for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay now you've gone and made me cry at work. SUCH A SWEET LETTER! Congrats to you both! Love the "fury big brother" part. What a lovely family you have!

    ReplyDelete