I left you all off mid-week of my vacation... so here we go: Wednesday was spent with my girlfriends, going over Bridal shower plans, bachelorette parties and 30th birthday details - productive yet, uneventful. But Thursday, I packed up the car, picked up my Mom and we heading to the Lake for the day/night. We started our day aboard the MS Mt Washington - taking a 2.5 hour cruise around the lake. We enjoyed cocktails and a light lunch while checking out the sights. After 30 years of spending summers at the Lake, we never went on that darn boat - until Thursday. What a bunch of tourist we are! Afterwards, we checked into our lake front room, packed up a cooler with wine, cheese & crackers and a few beers and heading to the beach bar. We spent hours swimming, eating and enjoying drinks together. Around 6-7pm we finally headed up to the room to shower for dinner. Dinner - not so much. We ended up sitting on the balcony until 9pm chatting, I think crying at one point and just reminiscing about old times. We ended up back at the beach bar for a snack - but in my opinion, so worth it.
Friday morning we woke up, had a great breakfast at a local diner, took a walk and visited our old camp ground - that we had spent years camping at. Walked the boardwalk, took pictures in one of those old photo booths (which I remember them being $1. Yeah, not anymore...INFLATION. They were $3 for ONE photo. What a rip) After a little shopping, we packed up the car and headed home. Stew was able to sneak out of work early on Friday as well, so we all hung out by the pool...again.
Saturday, Stew and I attended an 18th birthday/Graduation party for one of our friends at the Lake...not the same Lake, but actually a Lake that Stew's parents used to live on. Anyways, we were amoung great people, great food and Stew even busted out the ski...and took a lap at sunset. {His arms are still a little sore --- shhhh!}
I'm also happy to report things are going great with Stew's new company and he's loving the whole process. They are shooting for a Grand Opening of August 1st. Which is right around the corner...where did the Summer go? And amazingly, we are booked every weekend until September 25th. That date changed because our first free weekend was Sept 18th, but now... THE DISHNERS ARE COMING!!! (yes, I'm a little excited). Matt and Kerry are coming to NH to spend their 1 year anniversary with us! We can't wait.
So there you have it - what I did on my SUMMER VACATION. I hope you all are getting back into the swing of things a bit better than I. (today is getting a little better, still wish I were by the pool) It was an amazing vacation spent with my favorite people and it's good to have so many wonderful things to look forward to in the coming months.
Until next time...enjoy your week.
WAIT...No pictures?!?!?!?
I couldn't leave you all without pictures. Here they are - same order as above. ENJOY!
{Mom & I - ready to board the ship}
*excuse the quality - this is a camera phone photo of a photo*
{lining up to board the boat}
{Lake Winnipesaukee}
{I love how my sunglasses are SO much bigger than hers - HA!}
{Having wine at the NASWA}
{Mother & Daughter - if you couldn't tell}
:: a little FYI about the above photo - that outfit: including bracelets, earrings and dress are all from WalMart for a total of $16.00 - I mean, I'm just sayin ::
{early morning walk - we were a little tired and very HOT}
{view from the campground}
{I'm not sure who that thing could save}
{boardwalk}
{we had to stop in the arcade}
{that's my Husband - sunset ski}
{after his ski run}
Have a great week!

















No comments :
Post a Comment