Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Two-For-Tuesday

Two-for-Tuesday...that saying kind of brings back memories - from College. I remember going out in Downtown Manchester on Tuesday nights for Two-For Tuesday drinks with my girlfriends. *sigh*

Movingrightalong... Here is my version of Two-for-Tuesday. Two things I'm thought you should know about -

Number One:
Over my vacation, as you all know, we attended an 18th Birthday party. There actually weren't any 18 year-olds there - except the "Guest of Honor" if you will. We were among 12, 17, 20, 30, 40 and 50 year-olds. It was a good mix - but the 12 to 30 year-olds all had one thing in common - SILLY BANDZ. Well, to be VERY honest (and somewhat embarrassed) I was the only 30 year old wearing a Silly Band. Shocking I know. Haven't heard of Silly Bandz yet? These rubbery bands, which come in a multitude of collectible shapes — cowboy boots to monkeys to Wally the Green Monster — are so trendy that if they were a person, they’d be Justin Bieber.

They are seen stretched out on the wrist, the bracelets — known generically as silly bands, but sold as Silly Bandz, Stretchy Shapes, and Goofy Bands — don’t look that special. It’s off-wrist that the genius of the product can be appreciated. They come in such a wide variety of shapes that there may not be a human alive who couldn’t find something appealing. They’re cute, cheap (about $3 for a pack of 12, and about $5 or higher for a pack of 24), and out of control. Most "kids" trade for different shapes or animals.

That day, I happened to have a Longhorn band on (I'm a Colt McCoy Texas fan). I traded with a 12 year-old for a Duck. I thought the duck was cute. To my surprise, the Longhorn was rare - to her and her circle of Silly Bandz friends. I was duped. Here I am showing off my newest trade - a duck! And she is running around showing off this extraordinary Longhorn. (I must have had too many Captain & Cokes, right?) No, it was cute and I'm glad I could make her day, whether I knew what I was doing or not. {Sidenote: I owe it all to my Brother-in-law (he's a teacher) who gave me that band}. I just hope that some day - someone out there will trade me something cool {or cooler} than this duck I'm stuck with. And of course, in the future, silly bands may seem as quaint as Beanie Babies, Pogs, or Garbage Pail Kids, but hey, that’s tomorrow. Until then, I'm 30 and still "cool" in the eyes of a 12 year-old.


{my duck}

VS.

{the longhorn}

 
Number Two:
[DISCLAIMER: I'm fully aware this book is not on the New York Times Best Seller's List...but I'm intrigued]

Yesterday, I asked Stew to swing into our Barnes & Noble (his new shop is close by) to see if they had a new release I've been dying to read: Sliding into Home by Kendra Wilkinson. Yes, Kendra Wilkinson, the former Playboy Bunny/Hugh Hefner's Ex-girlfriend/Reality TV "Star". It's a tell all book about drugs, stripping and life in the Playboy Mansion as one of Hefner's live-in girlfriends.  Eeeek! I think it's going to be good/interesting. But, poor Stew is walking around Barnes & Noble with an 80 year-old employee looking for this somewhat scandalous hardcover book. (makes me giggle)

THEY WERE COMPLETELY SOLD OUT - gasp.

 I called Boarders and Target. No one had it in stock. So I ordered it on Amazon.com this morning. Sadly, it won't be shipped for a few weeks - but I'll wait. Looks like I'm not the only one dying to read it. I'll give you my un-professional review once I do get it.




I hope you enjoyed this Two-for-Tuesday. Enjoy your day!

No comments :

Post a Comment