No...these aren't cute and creative Mommy tips that I've been keeping a big secret from you all. That would be nearly impossible considering I've only been on the job 3 1/2 months now. But what I will share are my secrets...you know, the things that only I know. Yeah - those secrets, the juicy ones. Maybe I should re-name this MOMMY'S Secrets.
- At least 20 times a day I say "Am I doing this right?"
- By this, I mean being a Mom.
- I can't stand it when IV fights his naps. Doesn't he know that I know what's best for him?
- I take a lot of my frustration and/or stress out on the dog. Sad but true.
- And he still loves me.
- I need a cocktail - almost every day at 5pm...most days a little earlier.
- I have anxiety on Sunday night - knowing I'll be on my own during the day for the next 5 days...until the weekend rolls around again.
- Then I feel guilty for having that feeling.
- I've been sick twice in the last 3 months - not fun.
- I kind of wish IV could talk - so that he could reassure me that I'm doing a good job.
- I find that every time the TV is on - IV watches it. I'm obsessed with him NOT watching it.
- I'm obsessed with Tummy Time. I don't want him to get a flat spot.
- On days when IV takes a nap in his swing and I need one as well - I grab my blanket and curl up on the couch. When I hear him make noise, I peak over my blanket...with just one eye, hoping he'll go back to sleep for a few more minutes.
- I often hope he knows how much I love him!
- I think that some people may think I'm too relaxed with him. I'm not - about certain things...but some things just aren't that big of a deal to me. {For example: He gets hot in his stupid Graco carseat - therefore, when we walk, I put him in the BOB without it. Some would say that isn't good to do - BUT, I think if he were uncomfortable, he'd let me know.} Right? On the other hand - do something that I don't want you to do with my child or say something about my child - you'll hear about it. Mama Bear will come at you with her claws out. Hey, I'm his only advocate! So f*ck off!
- I'm sure right about now my Husband is wondering when we will...you know - do it again is. WAIT! We've done it...just not that much since IV was born.
- I'm obsessed with picking my Son's nose. Disgusting, I know.
- I think now, more than ever, I've realized how lucky I am to have certain people in my life. Having a child really does change you and your outlook on life.
- I can't stand a wet/drooly shirt. He goes through about 5 a day right now.
- Sometimes I think he is so cute...I want to squeeze him. Yeah, that "ohmygosh - youaresocute,Iwanttobreakyou" feeling...that's that one. Don't call Child Protective Services.
- I'm done. It's 5:00 and I have a full bellied, napping child right now. Hubs will be home shortly - Mama is about to pour some SkinnyGirl, thank you Bethenny Frankel!
- Oh! and P.S. Bachelor Pad is on tonight! Yessss!
You're right on girl! And I was so worried about the flat spot too. Your little guy is seriously the cutest! His eyes and his hair...amazing.
ReplyDeleteLoving your blog!
This is my favorite post of the year perhaps! It's so honest and I've felt almost every bullet you've listed! Thank God for blogs for venting, and helping, and conspiring, and any other -ing we need!
ReplyDeleteYay for Bachelor Pad!! I am watching it right now & am cringing at all of these awkward moments.
ReplyDeleteLove your list! I had VERY similar feelings when Carter was so little. :) And, as always, I love your dog. I know what you mean about taking frustrations out on the dog. I felt that way too - in fact, I felt like our dog was more annoying when I had a baby. Sure he wasn't, but it just felt like he was ALWAYs in my way. Such a good dog though - gotta love those boxers :)
ReplyDeletequick couple things (because i too have a baby that fights naps).
ReplyDeletei LOLed about sex. the men must be joking, right? bc after a day of work, baby caring, 4 loads of laundry, cleaning the house, trying to find time to shower, trying to find time to EAT, making dinner, STILL holding the baby when Mr gets home from work, while doing all the above - when baby goes down at 8:30pm - so does momma. bc we have another full day tomorrow.
and the picking the nose - ME TOO. i actually look for baby boogers bc i want to pick them out. are we gross for wanting to do this??
Um, seriously? I'm with you in about 1 million ways (and where were the bad words?!).
ReplyDelete1. Cocktails. I'm ready for a brunch cocktail on most days. Mimosa before noon? Just me and the guy home all day? Don't judge.
2. Sex. Yes, it's good when mama gets that cocktail before 5 (plus a little KY to help things in the "still sore 4.5 months postpartum" department.
3. Not only do I like to pick noses, but I pick zits too. No, really. J had a few when he was younger and I picked it. Ew.
4. Our poor cat. Her meowing, which used to make me swoon, makes me growl in disdain now. Shh! He's finally sleeping! STFU!
5. Lastly, we've been putting J in our BOB since his 2nd month. Eh, he seems fine in it. We're like you - he's not protesting so I'm suuuuure it's fine for him.
Oh jeez, did I just overshare?!
You've inspired me to write a post just like this!
Um, I just drank wine while I pumped. That's how you get them to nap...
ReplyDelete