Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Insecurity

I love social media. I'm not going to lie. I love Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and blogging...a lot.

But there is a saying when it comes to Social Media. 

"The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-secnes with everyone else's highlight reel."



It's true. We all do it. We look at these pictures and read status updates from your friends perfect little life with her perfect little family - what we don't see is the real...the behind the scenes pictures. 

So we should stop comparing ours to theirs.

Want to see my highlight reel? This is the picture I posted on Memorial day...on my Facebook and Instagram page.

My perfect little picture - of my perfect little son - waving his American Flag. 


Pretty "perfect", huh?

Now for the behind-the-scene or as I like to call it - REAL LIFE.


I hope the next time you compare yourself and your life to someone's highlight reel,  I hope you'll remember this post. 

We have enough to worry about - like raising little humans. Enough with the comparing...we are too busy for that.  

Happy Tuesday, Friends! 






5 comments :

  1. I think that this made my day, my entire week and might have possibly made my year! You are an amazing Sissy! I love u!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great quote, and thanks for sharing your behind the scenes photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really needed this, Allie...it's so true. I am REALLY admiring and appreciating the bloggers/IGers who show "behind the scenes" and the blooper reel, if you will. Not everyone's life is as perfect as they make it seem, mine certainly isn't!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This couldn't hold more truth! Thanks for sharing your behind the scenes photos and stories. And this awesome quote! :)

    ReplyDelete