I finally finished sorting through the 400+ images that our photographer snapped of IV's First Birthday Bash!
I have been planning this party since - oh, October. First up - the invite!
If you know me, you know I don't like anything "baby" - so this is what I finally came up with. I plan to layout and design his birthday invite for the years to come as well. | address and email blocked out for privacy |
Next - the food. When I go to a party, I hope there are two things: good food and good drinks. Done and done.
The Puritan Backroom is known for their chicken tenders and greek salad - they are also known for their delicious mudslides too, but we couldn't get those to go - so it was a no brainer and I placed an order.
My Mom makes the best Spinach Pita and my Dad makes a killer Dirty Rice, so orders were placed with them as well.
For other appetizers, we kept it simply with all of our favorites: chips, cheese & crackers, fruit sticks and veggie cups, pinwheels and cucumber & garlic spread. Oh! And not to be forgotten - POPCORN!
And, I snuck in a picture of the guest cake and IV's smash cake! We ordered and designed the cake from Jacques Pastries - the same place that we got our wedding cake from. Again, they are known in these parts for their amazing cakes!
Decor was also a very important party of planning IV's party. I wanted it fun, modern and colorful. All the decor was either hand made or purchased locally.
Top left: party favors for our guest. Seed Bombs purchased from Etsy - Cedar Wood Rustics. Kayla was amazing to work with and she hand dyed 100 seed bombs to match our party decor. I created the gift tags and placed three bombs in each bag. The gift card read: "All Things Grow with Love - simply plant, water and watch it grow - every year"
Top right: card table. I bought the chevron runner also on Etsy - Jennifer Farley Designs. The "Cards" banner, I hand made with paint and burlap. Red and orange tulips were pre-ordered from Nicole's Greenhouse and finally, the photo of IV with matting for guest to sign. See picture below:
Oh! And that adorable shirt - that was hand-made by Megan. Go check out her blog and you'll see some of the cute stuff she makes!
Ok. Ready for picture overload now? Here you go.
My Dad and IV
Our sweet friend, Amanda and IV
IV, III & Jr.
The reason why we celebrated
Us with Stew's parents and Great Aunts and Uncle
Us with my family - Sister and BIL and my Mom and Dad
Us with Stew's Mom and Dad
The "G" Family
I have plenty more to share - by that is all for today. A big thanks to Laura at Linden Photography + Design as well - for capturing our day. And you can head over to her page to see even more photos!
Happy Weekend!

























Love love loooove everything!!! Ky's party is next weekend and I'm freaking out! Haha :) hope its as cute and goes as seamlessly as yours! Yay for one-year-olds!! :)
ReplyDeleteWow, his party turned out beautiful. Love all the fun colors and decor.
ReplyDeleteThat's it we are moving North!! That little Stew needs Jack by his side so they can get in trouble!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a SUPER cute party!! Your details are SO fun!! I am planning Olivia's 1st birthday now and am getting SO sad yet so excited!! This first year has gone TOO fast!!
ReplyDeleteEverything looks absolutely perfect! You did such a great job, I love all the decor and the pictures...and I wish I could have been there cuz the food looks DELICIOUS!!! Great job, you could be a party planner!
ReplyDeleteLoved all the pictures, looked fabulous! Happy Birthday IV!
ReplyDeleteOh. My. Goodness. Absolutely adorable party! Happy Birthday, Stew! And congrats for making it through the first year, Momma!
ReplyDeletePlease post a link to this birthday post on my party page. I know others will love it too! http://www.happilymotherafter.com/p/birthday-party-link-up.html