Thursday, October 4, 2012

Trick or Treat

Trick or Treat was never a huge deal to me and my sister, but I do remember the excitement I felt as the clock slowly clicked away, finally reaching 1pm. Yup, growing up - our town had Trick or Treat the Sunday before Halloween - lame! It was from 1-4pm...even more lame.

One of the things I remember most were the rules. My Mom never let us go into other peoples neighborhoods, we could only "take one" if that's what the sign read and we had to have a cute Trick or Treat bucket...not the dreaded PILLOWCASE.

So guess who won't EVER be Trick or Treating with a pillowcase? 

We didn't take IV out last year - I just thought he was too young. Is he still too young in my opinion?yes...but we are taking him to our neighbors that we see daily and just to take some photos.

Yesterday I made him his first Trick or Treat pail.

a 43 cent beach pail, 99 cent ribbon and stickers for $1.99 - all from Michaels Craft Store

Isn't it funny how these little things your parents did while growing up just stick with you?

Ok - don't forget if you want to enter my Blog Header giveaway - today is the last day to enter! 

2 comments :

  1. Super cute---and so EASY! Thanks for sharing!

    -Julie
    http://www.thechirpingmoms.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cute! I need to make something like this for my little 1st time trick or treater! Great job!

    ReplyDelete